Thursday, May 07, 2009

Big Weekend Coming


Hum a chorus of "Lean on Me." That's what I did today with sweet shareholder Laurie. She came over and I worked her like crazy because my energy wasn't nearly as high as the humidity, and the chore list was long. We checked off some critical to-do's and moved closer toward fiber harvest fruition. Jobs needed doing both inside the Red Barn and outside in the field. The soggy, squishy field. Muddy boot-sucking fun for everyone. Aren't icky jobs so much more bearable with a buddy? Love ya, Laurie - thank you.

Tomorrow I'll be moving fast and checking things off the list - feed store, Home Depot for new tarps, Lunch Lady duty at school, putting the donkeys on their new owner's trailer and waving goodbye (sniff), selling some eggs, borrowing a dog crate for picking up the new lambs on Saturday, and getting Em to a youth group event. Whew.

Then Saturday it's a road trip down to Bedias to meet with Kim again and take our three boy lambs home. I might have a couple shareholders with me, depending on their schedules. That will be some girly-road-trippy goodness. And adolescent sheep. How do you improve on that?

Cannot wait to see our new lamby boys. Prayin' for clear skies!

(Pictured: A very nice sheep I met in Maryland)

2 comments:

  1. ...Ya just call, on me sister, when you need a hand, we all need somebody.....I came home so jazzed, I couldn't sit still, so I skirted wool and started washing! I told Tommy that the 2 languages I know don't have the words to describe the sense of well-being and satisfaction that farm work gives me, so he'll just have to wonder... and so will all those other poor, poor city-folk. I had a blast, especially in the mud with your fancy, tall, mud-proof boots, and when I can move all my muscles, I'll be back! Thank you for sharing the fun, Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. busy day busy day busy busy busy day!!! have fun and watch your speed.

    ReplyDelete