Monday, May 11, 2009

Meet-Up Mania

Don't be anywhere but here on May 23rd. I'm just sayin... This Martha's Vineyard Fiber Farm/Jacob's Reward community meet-up is taking on a life of its own. First we were just going to have a quiet outing here at the farm with a tour and maybe cold glasses of ice tea all around. Then we thought, hey, maybe I'll invite a few friends to meet Susie and the gang, and then I thought maybe some local food people might like to have a little display, and then the Ravelry gang wondered out loud if there might be a dyeing workshop here like they'll have in Fort Worth earlier in the week, and now I'm thinking, "what can I give away?" and I'm wondering if I know any musicians with the afternoon free... would the Blue Angels do a courtesy fly-by?... the thing is getting out of hand in the best possible way. Bottom line - just come and see what happens. There'll be folks here from as far away as NORMAN, OKLAHOMA, so don't give me any lame excuses!

So, unless your car breaks down or you're having a baby or something, I know I'll see you. OK, one more excused absence: if you're at Mary Berry's Suburban Homestead Open House in Farmer's Branch. But other than that... we'll see you here. Bring your spinning wheel, your knitting, or your bare yarn for dyeing. Heck, bring your groove thing -- why not. (Please leave your dogs at home - they can freak out the critters. Thanks!)

Do me a favor and let me know if you plan to come so I can load up the coolers. Pray for sunshine!

7 comments:

  1. Count me in!! Hopefully I'll be back from Florida in one piece, and there's plenty of time to dream up stuff to bring. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time in Florida, Laurie, but don't dawdle on the way home - we need you here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so looking forward to the meet-up! Let me know what I can bring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be there!! I'm so looking forward to it. Yippee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will definitely be there, and can help with setting up and all, too. Also! If there is anything I can bring, please let me know.

    It makes me cry to miss Mary's open house, but I think she might understand. And I'll probably try to bribe her for a private tour sometime maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. bovine cocca! charlie is still unable to drive and i can't get the wheelchair into the car and me into the driver's seat! so i can't come. i've been following our shepardis for such a long time. this just isn't fair! see little old lady with tears running down her face! ok. enough of the whining! give susie my love and a HUGE hug from puddle duck. and keep her return hug for YOU. have a grand time.

    there will be another day there will be another day there willllll..........

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not sure if my previous comment posted but wanted to let you know that I will be there. I'm bringing my friend Cheryl too. We can't wait. Please let me know if there is anything I can bring or costs involved. Susanne

    ReplyDelete