Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Lots to Crow About

We have a winner! The Random Number Generator came up with Commentor #8, which is our friend, Joanne! Congratulations, Joanne - I'll get your book to you very soon. It's the kind of book which after you read it, you may want to pass it on again. Thanks to everyone who left a comment on the post and shared your chicken hopes and dreams. They are incredibly fun creatures, and I'm so glad they're part of our landscape.

The second thing I want to share is congratulations to our friend Suzy from Oklahoma, who fell in love with little Zacchaeus during the Martha's Vineyard Fiber Farm meet up here at Jacob's Reward, and vowed to figure out how she could be his shepherd. Well, she's working a great plan, and today made the leap of faith into livestock ownership. Actually, that's not quite true. She has been tending a small flock of laying pullets in her backyard for a few weeks, and is easing into her new role quite nicely! But today she added sheep to her budding farmstead. So, we'll enjoy little Zach for a while longer, and then he'll be moving to that place where the wind comes sweeping down the plain. And the land of red dirt and tag agents. Congratulations, Suzy - welcome to Shepherdhood!

And thirdly, I am very excited to announce the date for our Spinning Yarns storytelling day: draw a red line around October 17, 2009. Peggy and Gene Helmick-Richardson, professional storytellers in high demand, will be with us to share lots of Texas prairie tales while we knit and spin and enjoy time and refreshments together. There are still lots of details to work out, but this is the date on which we'll be planning. Any thoughts about whether it should be morning or afternoon or evening?

The next couple of months are going to be very exciting around here! In the words of a good friend of mine, pinch me.

3 comments:

  1. I will miss Zacchaeus sooooo much! Must come visit him before he leaves home.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. if my dh doesn't have a license to drive me by then, you guys will be hearing me screaming from coppell!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As soon as I can get myself over there, I'll pinch you, and then myself! The snowball is rolling...I love the head and tail of the chickens!

    ReplyDelete