Wednesday, June 17, 2009

No Obstacle Too Great

Alpacas Settle In from Cindy Telisak on Vimeo.

We lost radio contact last night – my wireless router died, I think, and I’m going to have to determine if that’s my problem or Verizon’s.  As we learned on our trip, if you live by the internet, you die by the internet.  Guess I’m just plugged into the Matrix and there’s no going back.  I’m going to have to turn in my Luddite card for sure now.

Anyway, if I don’t get this fixed soon I’ll have to turn to the life of an internet vagabond, moving from one WiFi connection to another, always looking for a hookup.  So to speak.  Today I’m here at my church with my spinning group, taking time away from making yarn to upload a blog post. 

I wanted to post my little video alpaca update to tide you over until our Welcome Home open house here at the farm on Saturday.  In this video, Boaz exhausts his food supply and must come to me for more goodies.  He is definitely the most outgoing and adventurous.  But last night even Mushroom ate a few kibbles out of my hand.

The boys have been here since Sunday night, so it’s time for them to move out into their little patch of pasture and see how they like that.  Then we’ll begin some halter work.  Ann got a good start with them, but now they need to learn to work with their new Mamas.

OK, after a little sleuthing, I’ve figured out it isn’t the modem that’s on the fritz, it’s the phone lines.  Now to do a little troubleshooting on that end.  Big sigh.

UPDATE:  The phone repair guys are scheduled to come by tomorrow to check out their lines.  I'll let you know how it goes...

1 comment: