Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Telling Tales

OK - things are firming up, so I'm ready to let the cat out of the bag. Another incredible event we're adding to the farm calendar will be an afternoon of brilliant storytelling and fiber play. I think we'll call it "Spinning Yarns on the Farm." My friends, Gene and Peggy Helmick-Richardson, also known as Twice Upon A Time Storytellers, will spend the afternoon with us, regaling us with stories of the Texas prairies while we knit, spin, and enjoy some refreshments. Doesn't that sound like a blast? (Do check out their website. I think you'll be impressed.) The only thing we haven't firmed up yet is the date. But as soon as we can nail it down, I'll let you know. This is something we will publicize far and wide, and hopefully draw in lots of the area fiber people. Tell your friends and bring them along! Even if they aren't knitters or spinners, I think lots of folks would love to hear these great tales, told by folks who know how to bring the past to life. Know any Texas history buffs? Bring 'em! We have such a rich heritage here in Texas; this is a great way to learn more about it. All while spinning and noshing. Does life get any better?

1 comment:

  1. i know gene! he is a sweetie who used to get rid of my bugs without getting rid of me and the dogs by using natural stuff! please let the date happen after i get dh driving again!

    ReplyDelete