Monday, June 15, 2009

We're Live in Three... Two... One...

At long last!  I've published our first Jacob's Reward Fiber Farm podcast episode.  This road trip turned out to be an exercise in using every available piece of technology at our disposal all while wrangling livestock and pulling a horse trailer 1200 miles.  Not only was Emma playing with her Game Boy in the back seat, but Mary and I were updating our Twitter feeds, posting to Facebook, visiting with the nice OnStar ladies, tracking our route on the GPS, taking and uploading photos on the go, blogging on the Mac, sending photo messages and texts to our pals back home on our cell phones, and maybe some things I don't remember.   As if I didn't already want an iPhone really bad.  Mary can make that thing jump through every hoop imaginable!

I really wanted to get a podcast recorded - it's been my goal for some time.  I had Mary captive while she was driving home yesterday from Missouri, so using the Garage Band program on the Mac, I recorded a short conversation of us visiting about our visit with Ann.  Very fun, and after pounding around in there, I believe I got it to work.  Please give it a listen and let me know what you think.  This is just a test, so we can continue to make improvements.  I'll post some photos here to go along with what we discussed on the podcast.  (Lots more photos on my Flickr page.)  We were fresh from Ann Mayes' alpaca farm, so that's what you'll hear about.  And here's what we saw there...

9 comments:

  1. Awesome start at Podcasting Cindy! I am so glad you bit the bullet finally. The details about the alpacas were very interesting. After looking at the photos I wondered who took the blue eyed Alpaca boy aka Mushroom, and you answered that question and more. I thought about you guys all weekend and enjoyed the Twitter updates and the blog post. Will be looking forward to episode 2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1387 miles total, but who's counting! Off to listen to the podcast PLUS I'll upload my few pictures to my Flickr. How can I get them over on your JRF Flickr so they will all be in the same place? Hmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll make sure my JRFF Group "pool" will let you post them with mine. You may have to join my group. Not hard ;-) Now I'm off to see if I can get the podcast to upload to iTunes. More technology!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How much fun!! Thanks for takin' us along. GREAT first podcast, Cindy! When I grow up, I wanna be like you. I'm headed to Flickr...

    ReplyDelete
  5. the newbies are soooo very cute...will listen to pod later...after to tell me it is up and running/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, the podcast is great. This is so much fun!!! I feel almost like you're talking directly to me, but it's also a little like I'm eavesdropping on your conversation too. An excellent adventure!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great podcast Cindy! I can't wait to see and feel your new fiber.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm confused - where do I find that podcast?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kate - click on the words, "give it a listen." That's my (apparently) cleverly hidden link to the podcast site. Sorry it's so hard to see. Let me know if this doesn't work for you.

    ReplyDelete