Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Letting Go, Letting Grow


This morning, I put my only child on a bus bound for church camp for 5 days. She's an exceptionally good kid, and I'm so happy she's going to have a really good time. But I experienced the same pangs that I did when I let her off at the school for the first day of first grade. I had to let go. It's not a bad thing, but a necessary thing, and there are the uncomfortable stretching feelings that go with it - like when you touch your toes without bending your knees. With the palms of your hands. Mmmm, mmm, mmm. Feel that in your hamstring, don't you? Yessirreee, kind of a "hurts/feels good" kind of thing.

We'll both grow up some in these next few days. And the prize at the bottom of the box? She hearts me.

So far, so good.


Now, how should I spend all this extra time this week?

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet message. This post should go in all instructional pamphlets that go to new parents. Very wise!!

    ReplyDelete