Sunday, July 05, 2009

That's Odd

We got a break in the heat today, and a little rain to boot. This was great rain - a light, steady drizzle, on and off. Not enough to make m.u.d., but hopefully enough to give the grass and plants a little drink. Temps are down in the 80s now, and that is blessed relief. Of course, the humidity is still 120%, so it feels more like swimming than walking across the yard, but I will be grateful for the cool and try not to whine.

I came across a couple of interesting things that I thought I'd share. Wish I had three. Three is a better number, so I apologize now for lack of balance in this post. But here goes:

Last night at dinner, our friends presented us with a funny bottle of wine. Don't you wish you had one of these? Check Sams. (And click on the picture to enlarge it.)
And then, here is a tomato Ted brought home from the Farmer's Market.
I have no words.

Have a great week, friend! And watch out for the produce.

8 comments:

  1. OK - that tomato is the strangest thing I've ever seen! Is it sticking its tongue out at us, or ... What on earth would have caused it to grow that way??? Thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to find that bottle of wine! I'm such a wine connoisseur - I most often choose my wine based on the look of the label. ;-)

    As for the tomato, I'll keep my comments to myself...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah c'mon. The reason the tomato did this is most likely the result of having spotted another hot little tomato. Simple biology.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy Cats! I think that tomato may have been hitting the sauce. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

    (that's all I've got)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know, you could probably auction that tomato on eBay and make enough to feed the sheep, alpacas and yourselves for a week....thank you for a MUCH-needed laugh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i am keeping my mouth shut on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. tomato?
    hum.....
    http://dsoularts.blogspot.com/
    and
    http://pasukankumislele.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete