Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Cotton is King

I don't know where I think I'm getting all this knitting time. Guess it's coming out of my budgeted housework and laundry allotment. Oh well. Sacrifices must be made. The fingers have been itching and something needed to be done. And even though wool and alpaca knitting is always in style here at the farm, summer really demands King Cotton. First, I cranked out a cute washcloth/burp cloth thingy out of a very nice ball of Sugar N Cream cotton, that insisted on following me to the house from the Red Barn. That little project crocheted up in a flash, and so was only a temporary relief from my bout of Knitter's Twitch.
Then, while on an unrelated trip to Hobby Lobby today (it couldn't be helped, and besides, it was all my friend Jill's fault) I saw an end cap full of their "I Love This Cotton" yarn which is incredibly soft, and has a cute baby sweater pattern on the label. And it was on sale. Dirt Cheap. You see my predicament. Turns out, I really do love that cotton, and it needed to be made into that baby sweater. It just did. So I'm off. After a couple of hours of listening to knitting podcasts for inspiration, I'm about a third of the way up the front, including the fussy stripes.

And we will not at this time mention that at Hobby Lobby, the little, tiny, insignificant, hardly noticeable needle punch kits were also on sale, and Jill and I made a blood pact that we would do up those kits this Saturday morning so that they would not just be tossed onto the stash pile and forgotten, like so much abandoned flotsam. No. We will only mention them when they are finished and proudly displayed.

In the meantime, do what you need to, to survive this wicked summer heat: ice tea, cold cloth on the back of the neck, knitting podcasts, and cotton knitting. Go on - you know you want to...

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!! Thanks, yes, I do want to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather Durazzo8:13 PM

    hey cool!!! my baby's spit up on that!! lol, thanks Cindy!!! very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're enjoying it, Heather! It was sooo fun to make! (Need any more?)

    ReplyDelete