Sunday, August 23, 2009

First Day of School Tomorrow


All the usual farm chores went on today, but extra stuff had to wait as we prepared DD for the first day of school tomorrow. We've had a great summer and DD is going into this new school year with a fantastic attitude.

Me? I'm full of all kinds of emotions - I'm proud of her, happy for her, and at the same time, happy that I'll have lots more hours by myself to work here at home and on the farm while she's gone every day. I have big plans to get the house finally cleaned up and maybe start in on an exercise plan. Who knows what wonderful things this new season will bring?

The weather seems to have adjusted its attitude, too. Sure, the highs are still hitting the mid 90s, but the overnight lows are lower, and it takes all day for the temps to actually hit the forecasted high. It's half-hearted, in my book. We won't have sweater weather for a couple of months, but I can feel a change in the intensity of the heat. The fall is coming, just over the horizon. And then, can the holidays be far behind?

1 comment:

  1. I'm starting to feel the weather changing, ever so slightly. This is the time of year when I start to get antsy and impatiently wait for cooler weather, when I know good and well that it won't be "cool" for months yet. But this does mean that hopefully, there will be weeks of yummy fresh produce left at the farmers market! I hope Emma enjoys her new school year!

    ReplyDelete