Tuesday, August 11, 2009

We Now Return You to Your Regular Life, Already in Progress

Hmmm. Let's see. Wasn't I just writhing in pain this time yesterday? Yes, and wondering what would become of me. Lots of pain.

Good news. It's 99.9% gone. I'm telling you, there's no beating prayer and pharamaceuticals. I can't swear to which one was the most efficacious, but I'm not trading either of them. Wow, that is amazing.

To prove how much better I felt today, I did a good bit of my own chores this evening, with help. Very carefully, mind you, but there just wasn't the scary vertebrae-on-fire feeling that threatened to grab ahold as I moved about. Life is good. And I have a renewed empathy for folks who struggle with chronic pain. They are made of very stern stuff.

If you are on our mailing list you should have received the latest eNewsletter today (one of my accomplishments - yay!). If you would like to receive it, click on the link over on the right column and I'll shoot one out to you.

Shareholder Kate reminded me though, that I neglected to mention in the newsletter that we are still collecting yarn for the Yarn Storming Project through Martha's Vineyard Fiber Farm. Yarn we collect will be sent to a central location up near Susie Gibbs' farm, and then redistributed to knitters in financial straits in this economic downturn. If you don't have extra yarn, but would like to send the coordinator some money to help with shipping the yarn to its new homes, an account has been set up to receive it through PayPal to this e-mail address: yarnstorming99@gmail.com. If you'd like to nominate someone to receive yarn, "private message" the Raveler "mattsmom" with his/her information. A whole Ravelry group has been set up for the project, if you'd like more information on it. To get you into the spirit, here is a blog post I found about the delighted recipient of a box of yarn love.

We are also collecting acrylic yarn for our local friend whose mom has Alzheimers, and enjoys crocheting squares. Since this Saturday is our regular Third Saturday Spin-In, we can have a box set up to collect for both of these causes, and get some nice yarn to deserving knitters.

Which leads us to our Saturday Spin-In. Drop me a note, or comment here if you think you might be able to come on Saturday - I want to be sure we have enough spindles and fiber to get everyone going. Bring your wheel or your knitting if that suits you better. We're about fiber craft in all its glorious forms: knitting, crocheting, spinning, felting... And coffee. We're also about coffee at 10:00 on a Saturday morning.

4 comments:

  1. Here's hoping I can make this Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am planning to be there on Saturday, with a whole hurricaine of yarn! (the plan is to go through the stash on Friday with a very critical eye). I may not be able to stay past noon or 1, and will be bringing my spindle! Whee!

    Cindy, I'm glad you're feeling better . . . back pain is just the worst!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are feeling better! Take it easy for a few more days though, please.

    Still pouting that I can't come on Saturday. Would someone please have a cup of coffee for me?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you could get through the chores! And yes, coffee is a necessity...I liked the coffee image!

    ReplyDelete