Saturday, May 22, 2010

The Festival Rocked

The weather was perfect - slightly overcast and breezy. Perfect for pulling up a seat and enjoying some really cool, unvarnished fairy tales.

Master Storytellers Gene and Peggy Helmick-Richardson kept the crowd spellbound as they painted fantastic word pictures in our heads.

Seems that not all fairy tales were sugar coated "Disney-fied" confections in their original forms. These were lots more fun...

Along with the great tales, we enjoyed the usual delights of a fiber get-together, like Show and Tell. Cynthia showed off a gorgeous lace shawl knitted with Brenda's handspun angora/alpaca/metallic thread yarn. Wow.

Grandma Tutu brought her husband and her daughter Erin.

Photographer Ellie Ivanova hardly stopped taking pictures the whole day.

That's how she comes up with so many gorgeous images, captured all over the world in her travels. I scored a gorgeous print of goats laying on a Bulgarian front porch. It's amazing.

Laurie also brought examples of her artistry and craft.

Kay had rovings and yarn to delight the eye and the touch.

And I trotted out some fun Jacob yarn and other farm goodies.

Gail had an incredible collection of her handmade dolls and whimsies, but I somehow, didn't get a good shot of the finished display. :-( She also had a funky "bird hat" - see the flickr set for a cool close-up.

We had an extra special time of spinning and visiting with some of our favorite fiber buddies. See any folks you know?





Sure sign of a successful day? The family is still smiling.

More Festival shots on our Flickr Page. I can't believe I didn't get a picture of the food!

10 comments:

  1. Would have loved to be sitting on that bench. Sounds like a great day! *;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someday, Karelin, you need to come to the farm. I'd love to have you here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Jacob's Reward is the most wonderful place to tell. Surrounded by amazing talent and creativity, laughter, nature at its finest, and down-home friendliness, it was a perfect day. And the fact that the weather was gorgeous was an additional perk. CIndy, I'm in awe with how you can pull this all together so perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so so SO wish I could have been there . . . so far I seem to be jinxed when it comes to Big Farm Fiestas. Grrr.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad that everyone had a great time. I thought about you and all the festivities all day long, while I worked in our UPS Store.......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Peggy - don't be fooled - this is a big project with many hands contributing to the success of the day. There is no way I could do this alone. Big mega thanks especially to Gail on this one. Could not have done it without her. I'm also indebted to Donna and Laurie, Jennifer and Claire, and my DH Ted. Big efforts all around. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. wahhh, Chris! Missed you! Joanne--sorry about having to work! That's just wrong. Do I need to call Jeff and get him to make it right??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sooo wish I could have stayed longer. I love being with you all--and JRF is my favorite place!! And Cindy, you and your family are the best hosts!! Thank you so much for all you all do!!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, and BTW, you totally bought the print I had my eye on--the goats on the steps of the building!! Divine!! I'm glad you got it. There were a couple others I loved--there is plenty of beauty to go around for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Laura P12:56 PM

    Sounds like it was a wonderful time, I wish I could have been there too!

    ReplyDelete