Monday, May 10, 2010

Portrait of a Photographer

Back in March, we were pleased to welcome a new knitter to the Little Red Barn on our usual Third Saturday. Ellie is a quiet and thoughtful young woman with another talent. She's an incredible photographer. I thought of her immediately when I started planning our Fine Arts Fiber Fantasy Festival. (Yes, I'm still praying for sunshine for Saturday.)

Ellie took some lovely photos of our knitting and spinning day together. She's taken some incredible images all over the world, in fact. Her cameras help her speak from the heart on subjects she finds compelling. Please take a minute to look over her website and see a little of what makes her tick.

Ellie will have information about her photography business and art, and prints for sale next Saturday. Also, she'll have information about an upcoming workshop she will be conducting here at the farm in the fall about how to make creative images with a Holga - a toy camera with low-tech features and big time possibilities. I googled this Flickr set with some examples of Holga images to give you an idea of what this little plastic camera can do. I'm really excited to give the Holga a try myself! Please let me know if you might be interested in this workshop. Our tentative date is September 25, but nothing's set in stone yet.

Ellie caught Smokey's attention in the Little Red Barn

I know, I know - the weatherman says there's a 40% chance of rain on Saturday. We'll make the decision on Saturday morning whether or not to move the Festival to the following week. Keep your Wellies close at hand and wait for the skies to clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment