Monday, June 14, 2010

The Batmobile

I bought myself a new gadget today. I had decided it was time to upgrade our printer to a wireless model. Both DH and I use laptop computers in other rooms from where the printer lives, and it seemed like it would be so much nicer if we could both print without going to the back room, plugging in the USB cable and printing like, like old people.

But you know I'm a stinge. I had been watching them for a while for the best features and prices, and today, got a beautiful HP at Staples for about half of what I paid for my first nice HP printer twelve years ago. Love that about electronics - the features go up and the price goes down over time.

It's so much fun to bring a new piece of technology home... The unpacking, the styrofoam bits and pieces, the "Quick Start Guides," the dummy-proof drawings about how to insert Tab A into Slot B. And this four-in-one is very pretty. It's black and shiny with lots of buttons for printing, scanning, faxing, and copying. I'm calling it "The Batmobile." Very chic. Buy why is it that the unpacking process makes so much trash! Everything is taped and twist-tied and bubble-wrapped and zip-locked within an inch of its life.


So, it's all unpacked and sitting on the desk. The only thing I lack is the software that will run it. And there's the rub.

I've tried three times to install this lovely hunk of possibility, to no avail. It's midnight and my brain is soup. WAILING! Ok, ok... best to call it a day and go at it again in the morning, fresh and full of fury.

A new spinning student comes in the morning. I'm so excited!

1 comment:

  1. I think Alpaca farming is a great business,and the key to a successful business is to create and sell as many Alpaca Products.They provide me more product such as lean and slightly sweet tasting meat,Leather,fiber and it is a Eco-friendly animal.

    alpaca farms

    ReplyDelete