Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Redistribution of Wealth

This week I had the pleasure of moving some valuable resources from someone who didn't need them anymore, to people who will love them a lot and will enjoy them immensely. That's a treat.


A former student of mine had made the bittersweet decision to move out of fiber crafting in order to spend more of her time, money, and creative juices in her soap- and jewelry-making business. Many of us know the gut-wrenching-yet-freeing process of focusing and narrowing our attention that way.

She sold me her sweet little Kiwi wheel, and All Her Stash. I was fairly overwhelmed by the volume, but I knew I could hook up that wheel and all that gorgeous fiber with talented artists who would put it to work straight away. And my friend was happy to set the treasures free back into the fiber community.

And I'm talking Treasures. This is some good stuff. Shown is just an eensie-tiny sample of what I brought home that day.

Today, I got to share it with the Texas Twisters - a group of ladies who know how to make their spinning wheels sing. Almost every scrap of the goodies was snapped up with glee. I have no doubt that very soon, we'll see some kick-butt yarn and knitted items come into being, thanks to the generous giving of one cool ex-fiber chick. Nicki, if you're reading this, thank you.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah! Thank you, Nicki ! AND thank you, Cindy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so much fun! I am so glad that we could add to our stashes! Thank you, Nicki!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have no idea how happy I am that the wheel and fiber when to people that love it and will give it a good home... reading this post made me cry... tears of happiness :)

    ReplyDelete