Monday, July 26, 2010

Raindrops on Roses and Guests in the Pasture

I got to meet another fellow blogger and neighbor, Judith, today! We couldn't believe how close we live to each other. So, of course I tried everything to entice her to bring her knitting and come to the Little Red Barn on the next Third Saturday. We're right down the street!

One step into the LRB and she was bitten by the tri-loom bug. My orange shawl has gone from Work-in-Progress to Permanent Art Installation, and it always catches people's eyes and provides a quick teaching opportunity for would-be weavers. I'm going to set Judith up with my small tri-loom when she comes to visit next, and she'll have a gorgeous neckerchief finished to take home in a flash.

Isn't her little Miata darling?

Judith wanted to take home some snaps of the alpacas, in addition to her new JRF tote bag, and Solomon was happy to pose for her. This is how alpacas say, "cheese!" It's all I can do not to photoshop a big toothy grin on his face...

But the clouds were gathering and thunder rumbled in the distance, so we wrapped up our visit just in time. Blessed rain! Just a few drops, but the temperature fell considerably, and should stay down for the next couple of days.

3 comments:

  1. It was so nice to meet you. I can't wait to come back out. BTW... the hubby said he'd gladly take a look at your mandolin to see what the problem is. Just let me know when you want to bring it over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:20 PM

    I swear the alpacas are seasoned models! They are such hams in front of a camera! :) -jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos and am so jealous that you got to meet Judith.
    :)
    Love that pic of you, Judith.

    ReplyDelete