Friday, August 06, 2010

"Share the Harvest" Holiday Gift Market Artisan Profile: Cynthia Spann


Cynthia Spann's great aunt taught her to sew and crochet at the tender age of seven. But when she tried to get Cynthia to follow a pattern, she responded, "I do my own designing!"

She's still designing beautiful, one-of-a-kind art pieces in a number of media: felt, knitting, painting, beads, and more. She features some of her wonderful creations in her Etsy store: www.birdism.etsy.com, and will be showcasing her new love - knitted, beaded bracelets like the one she's wearing in the photo above at the "Share the Harvest" Holiday Gift Market.

Cynthia says, "I knit every day and love to create new and interesting things. It's hard to shut my mind off -- it's nearly non-stop creative thinking."

Come see Cynthia's beautiful work here at the farm on October 16. We're talking easy Christmas shopping, in the bag.

4 comments:

  1. Cynthia Spann12:44 AM

    Thanks for the bloggage! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this piece in person--and it's gorgeous!! I predict a couple of these will end up in my jewelry box around mid-October. Fair warning!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cynthia is incredibly talented and her bracelets are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love wearing them!! They are fun and sparkly!!

    ReplyDelete