Monday, September 27, 2010

My New Best Friend

The new Canon camera arrived today, and I broke it in by dragging it to the feed store,

Ed and James load my truck up with hay.

and into the pastures at feeding time. 

Ezra contemplates his supper, recently consumed.

Judah lets anyone lurking down by the creek know that his sharp teeth are on duty.

It's very hard to get a chicken to hold still.

Judah looks peaceful, but he's a nanosecond from romping across the pasture.  Brisk air makes him frisky.

Guineas on the Gate.

Dirty Suri is not bothered a whit by his muddy condition.

Jethro the Fractious has a pretty face, belying his ornery disposition.

Portrait of horsey-faced Boaz.

I'm just pointing and shooting for the moment - trying to learn all the controls.  So many knobs and buttons!  (Totally opposite of the Holga we played with on Saturday.) 

I don't know about you, but I'm a manual reader.  I read the manual when I get a new piece of equipment.  That's going to keep me busy for a while.  So glad I can "burn" tons of virtual film while learning how to use this camera. 

Artsy stuff is down the road a ways.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:13 AM

    I love getting a new camera! Thanks for sharing your first images with it. Have lots of fun and post more of them! :)

    -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new camera! Your pictures a great so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharp, clear images! I can tell the difference. Very nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep ! Camera envy. AND mine is 2 years old now. THAT'S ancient....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Alpaca Farming is one of the most popular types of farming in America today and more and more farmers are diverting from the conventional cow, or sheep, farms to Alpaca farming.

    alpaca farms

    ReplyDelete