Sunday, September 26, 2010

Uh Oh. Instant Retro.

I was going to learn some patience, wasn't I?  Oops.

A certain enabler, who shall remain nameless (but it rhymes with Nicki Shores) told me about an app for my Droid phone that takes "vintage" looking photos, in the style of several old classic cameras.  No waiting.  NO.  Waiting.  This could be very good, or very bad.

You be the judge.  I downloaded the free version of the "Retro Camera" app, grabbed the nearest model, and burned some virtual film:

 The Pinhole

 The Bärbl

 Another one with the Bärbl

 The Xoloroid 2000, B/W Option

 The FudgeCan, B/W Option

Holga-esque vignetting, but not totally accurate - note the rectangular shape of the image.
Holga images are square, normally.
This is another free app called "Vignette Demo."

These are neat effects, and it's cool to have them as handy as my phone, but on the other hand, it's kind of like cooking Thanksgiving dinner in the microwave.  It's just not the same.

Even I make pumpkin pie from scratch.

5 comments:

  1. Cynthia Spann9:24 AM

    I have been doing some similar stuff with the Hipstamatic app on my iphone. It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like . . . wonder if there's something for the Blackberry? [this is me going to check it out] . . fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thinks its neat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you spinning Ruth fibre after you brush her?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Caroline - I have a big bunch of Ruth fiber washed and dried and awaiting carding or spinning. Just haven't gotten the time yet. You can bet I'll put pictures up when I do. xoxo

    ReplyDelete