Thursday, October 28, 2010

Living Intentionally


Valerie brought her sweet homeschool group to the farm today, to see first-hand some exotic animals and also some "common" animals.  But if you've never even seen a chicken in person before, they all seem pretty exotic.  The kids helped me let the chickens out for their day in the field, and we collected nearly half a dozen eggs.


The alpacas fascinated everyone and put on quite a show as they jostled for their favorite feed bowls on this crisp fall morning.  Many ooohs and aaaaahhhs and squeals of delight.


Many times I find myself wondering if I take this farm life for granted.  The space and fresh air I enjoy every day come at a premium for people in the city or suburb.  So I take in the view and the smells, thank God anew for giving me the gift of this life, and again pledge to share it with everyone I can.

So I repeat the open invitation for you to come...  I can't soak up all this farmy goodness by myself.  Come sit in the pasture or out near the garden and enjoy the peace.  If you like, roll up your sleeves and spend a few minutes indulging in a simple farm chore or two.  Cuddle with the kitty or cackle with the hens.  There's so much fun to be had around here...

3 comments:

  1. YOU'VE GOT THAT RIGHT !!! I'll be there soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cindy,
    I just love your site and wish so much that we lived closer to you! We are in our 11th year of homeschooling, and are dreaming of the day of having our own homestead farm. We currently have four English angora rabbits that we are breeding. They've almost got full coats in so we'll be shearing soon for their fiber. Would love to someday get some sheep to blend with the bunny fur.
    Just wanted to thank you for the constant inspiration!
    Blessings,
    Lisa
    www.lovethelordandknityoursocks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa - thank you so much for introducing yourself! I just jogged over and enjoyed your blog... what a wonderful journey you're on. I'll be checking in with you from time to time now, to learn from you and your adventure with the Lord. He is so good. Let me know when you get your sheep and I'll be happy to answer any questions I can! Happy fibering, and God bless!

    ReplyDelete