Friday, November 12, 2010

Having a Blast in Boerne


Congratulations to Deedee, a new knitter-turned-spinner who spent some time in our booth here at the Kid N Ewe festival in Boerne, TX.  We also have some new shareholders who will be added to our community as of today!  Our goal of spreading the CSA love is taking shape...

Day One of the festival was really nice all around - we set up our booth and welcomed the first shoppers around noon.  There's plenty of room for all the vendors and shoppers in the alpaca building where our booth is, and I hear there are some luscious fibers, yarns, patterns, and tools available in the other buildings as well.


We attracted lots of customers with our free coffee and cookie bar.  We pulled out the heavy artillery for getting folks into the booth.  We're all about hospitality, right?


I've gotten the opportunity to explain the CSA model to lots of interested visitors, and tomorrow, I'll be giving a presentation about how the CSA model works here at Jacob's Reward Farm. (3 PM for those scoring at home.)

Kid N Ewe is always "old home week" for lots of fiber people I know from several venues and retreats.  Lots of squeals and hugs and "I know you's" in the host hotel and the festival proper.  The cool thing is meeting NEW friends, too.  For instance, I met Donna of Royal Oaks Alpaca Ranch, who had some delectable fleeces that just had to come home with me.  More local fiber for our shareholders next year.  Like dessert without the calories... yum.



Our spinning circle grew from three or four spinners to eight or nine.  We had to move everyone out into the aisle to accommodate all the wheels and chairs.  Great fun!


After the fest closed for the night, about seven of us piled into Cyndi's truck and hit one of our favorite Boerne restaurants, the Dodging Duck.  Oh my, great camaraderie, a little house blush, and one of the best salads I've ever eaten.  That's the way to squeeze in a few hours of vacation into this working excursion.

The festival opens up again tomorrow at 9 AM.  Will we see you there?

4 comments:

  1. Oh how I wish I could be there! We go on vacation next week & I just couldn't squeeze it in. Next year though! Have so much fun, I love it there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:49 AM

    Cindy,
    I am glad that things are going well for you. Hope you have much success in selling your products. I am trying to figure out how John and I can get to the show next year. Take care and I will see you soon.
    Alpacamama

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was soooo much fun! The dinner and company was fantastic. Yeah, I wanna do this again next year. Don't you? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're on, Cyndi - looking forward to it already!

    ReplyDelete