Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thankful


 The thankfulness is welling up today in my heart even stronger than usual.  I'm thankful for so many things, as I know you are.  Here's my list for this morning, not comprehensive but random, right off of the top of my head, with photos from this morning's feeding rounds:

I'm so thankful for my beautiful family.
For my sweet farm and the critters who live here - domesticated and wild.


For the gorgeous fall color surrounding us.


For the cool breeze that's blowing in a cold front later today.
For all the amazing things we can do with fiber - spin, felt, knit, weave, etc.


For hot coffee with hazelnut creamer.  Oh yes.
For my hard-working guard dogs who are dead asleep right now after a busy night.


For my husband who not only puts up with, but encourages me to develop our little farm.
For fiber friends near and far who share my love of wool, and who share the emotional work of caring for this land.  You keep it going!



For my osteopathic doctor who fixed my back yesterday, allowing me pain-free movement once again!
For this free country where we can all pursue whatever dreams God gives us.


For the Little Red Barn where we can all gather and play.
For the bounty we've been given which allows us to give to others.


For the unmerited love of God that sustains me when all else in life fails.

I wish you the most joyful Thanksgiving celebration ever tomorrow.
I am thankful for you.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:48 AM

    Cindy,
    I loved your thoughts of what you are thankful for this Thanksgiving. Your photos are outstanding. If you ever give up farming you can become a photographer. You're good. Hope you and your family have a Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving. See you Saturday at the LRB.
    Alpacamama

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have invested so much love into your farm and all those who are touched by it. You contribute much to bringing joy and beauty to the world around you. God bless you and yours this Thanksgiving and in the years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thankful for you and your farm, too. :) I enjoy your friendship, more than you know. God has truly blessed me, with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so thankful for the gift of being involved with your Precious farm ! Thank you !!!!

    ReplyDelete