Monday, December 13, 2010

Knitting in Candyland

As if I needed more yarn... 

Last Thursday I found myself needing to head up to Farmersville for alpaca food.  I knew my friend Cyndi was gathering her knitting group up at Fiber Circle, a sensory-overload-yarn-experience on the square in Farmerville, owned by my friend Diane Piwko.  What could I do?  Had to stop by.


I worked for Diane several years ago when she published knitting and crochet magazines, but she has since sold those publications to concentrate on the yarn shop.  And what a shop it is.  The historic three-story building needed tons of work when she bought it, and she has completely transformed it in just a few years.


This is the view from the mezzanine, looking down into the first floor - wall to wall yarn, plus a small clothing boutique.


Up on the mezzanine, there is more yarn, and a long work table which serves as a gathering place for classes, casual knitting, or luncheons.  I dropped by on a good day - the ladies were enjoying a lasagna lunch.  Nice.


Then it was back to knitting.


Before we left, we all stocked up on Diane's homemade fudge.  She makes several flavors, all of which would tempt the most disciplined dieter.  And Diane very kindly sent home a large batch for me to share with our farm shareholders at the tea on Saturday.  I think it's safe to say that the fudge went over extremely well with the ladies.

I think my friend Debra summed it up well on Facebook today - Fiber Circle is the best yarn store in Collin County.  But let's just keep it to ourselves, shall we?

3 comments:

  1. Fiber Circle is the only yarn store my husband will go into. He loves the historic aspect of the building and the beautiful restoration job they did--and I love the yarn, fiber, and other associated goodies. We both love the fudge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whine...I wanna go NOW! And yeppers, that fudge was incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have got to go there next week when I'm out of school. I had no idea this place existed.

    ReplyDelete