Thursday, January 20, 2011

New Feature: Fiber Artists Who Blow My Mind

As I travel around the internet hither and yon, I find some of the most amazing things...

Today, I found a needle felting artist who crafts the most lovely animals - some realistic and some whimsical.  They're all enchanting.  Please go visit Russian artist Natasha Fadeeva.  This is just a tiny sample of her work:




I'm just enough of a hand crafter to appreciate the eye of this artist, and her deft hand.  And because I never get enough time to actually learn how to use wool and felting needles like this, I take plenty of satisfaction from showing her works to you.

I'll be looking for more Artists (and their blogs) Who Blow My Mind regularly.  If you know of fiber artists you love for their skill and craftsmanship, please send me the link and I'll feature it here.

4 comments:

  1. I've been a fan of this artist for a while now. Such INCREDIBLE work! I especially like the mice she creates. They're so cute! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:43 AM

    I thought that was a real cat in the middle photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if you've seen this lady's stuff, but it's great - talk about whimsical!
    http://www.tanglewoodthicket.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just took a look at the site mentioned above. Interesting, love the colours.

    I love the Russian lady's work! I also took a look at her watercolours.........wow! All her work has a dreamy quality to it. I think she must be a very calm person!

    ReplyDelete