Friday, March 11, 2011

Happy Birthday, Leslie

Happy Birthday and congratulations to shareholder Leslie Cooper, who has a lot to celebrate at the moment.  Leslie won one of Susie Gibbs' flocks of sheep in this recent video/essay contest, and we couldn't be happier for her.


Like a lot of us, her sheep and fiber obsession came on strong and doesn't show any signs of letting up.  She's worked hard, taught herself a lot of skills, overcome some big obstacles, and continues to reshape her life.  With her gentle spirit and love of people, she will grow a strong farm and business.

Leslie will be teaching an art yarn workshop here at the farm on July 23, so if you've missed any of the earlier art yarn workshops and seminars in the area up to that point, you'll get another chance.  Art yarn spinning is really more fun than allowable by law with your feet on the treadles, and she has such a gift for it.  Watch for more updates to come.

Let Leslie's story encourage you today.  What is your dream?  How hard are you willing to work to achieve it?  How far out on a limb will you go to see it realized?  How can I help you reach it?  How can this community support you?  We're here...  just ask...

3 comments:

  1. That's AWESOME!!! Tell her Dawn and I said congratulations! Maybe we'll see ya'll tomorrow when we bring the mandolin back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Leslie!!! And, I am so happy for you on your new flock!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Cindy! Aren't you just the sweetest thing? Well, I already knew that... Thank you so much! I am so proud to call you a friend and mentor. <3

    I have big news too! I will be taking my sheep home on April 9th! Do you remember when we first met and I told you that you were living my dream? Now I will be living it too!

    Thanks to everyone for the encouragment, votes and birthday wishes!

    <3
    Leslie Cooper

    ReplyDelete