Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Farm Goes Mobile

We don't have our own iPhone app, but we have the next best thing.  Our website designer, Shaun Jones, asked if he could use us as a guinea pig to develop a program that would detect if a user was accessing our website on a computer or on a mobile device.  Nice.  Always like to lend a hand for science, me.


If you use an iPhone or Droid or other smart phone, and go to our website, you'll see a modified version that gets most of the important information to you in a phone-friendly format.  That Shaun is wicked smart, and does excellent work.  And he raises Gulf Coast sheep, so you know he's a good guy.

Try out our cool alternate website on your phone, and let me know how it works for you.

6 comments:

  1. Dena Limpede6:32 AM

    Works Great! Thanks Shaun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:40 AM

    How's Elise??

    ReplyDelete
  3. MissMoosey on Ravelry11:41 AM

    I don't think any phone screen is large enough to accommodate pictures of Mary Elizabeth's giant udder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I am missing out all this technology & gadgets, missing prizes from DFW FF and all kinds of cool stuff!!
    For now I am happy reading your blog from my desktop PC !
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you Shaun!!!! I love that I can now look at happy farm pictures while I am at work!

    My little Android phone thanks you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I still have a dumb phone...but I love your blob on my pc!!

    ReplyDelete