Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Naming of the Lambs

They're here.  Whew.  Mostly safe and sound, though we're watching them like hawks to make sure they're eating and drinking and peeing and pooping and all those other indicators of baby health. 


They're napping now, so I've broken away to announce the winners of the Name the Lambs pool.  Dawn Bahr came the closest, with her guess of 4:30 yesterday afternoon, to the actual time of the ewe lamb's birth, at roughly 7:30 PM.  Dawn, think hard and let me know a Bible name for our wee little ewe...  You can e-mail me at ctelisak at juno dot com.

Then my college pal Kristen Ivers was the second closest, with her guess of Saturday morning at 3:20 AM, to the boy's birth time of roughly 8:00 PM.  Kristen, I'm looking for a boy's Bible name that describes our little fighter.

The little sheep family is doing well, though the boy needs a bit more help in the nursing department.  He works and works, but from my vantage point, it doesn't seem very effective.  I have milked his mom a couple of times to come up with a bit more volume to help him along.  They're no bigger than kittens, so they can't afford to miss a meal.

My camera hates those low-light situations, so I apologize for the terrible quality of the photos so far.  Soon they'll be out in the sun, and it will be a totally different ball of wool.


Updates often, I promise.  

6 comments:

  1. awwwwww babies!!! I came looking and I found! what a nice moment, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to find out what their names will be. :) They are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:26 PM

    Welcome to the babes!! Two of the most anticipated lambs in the world, except for maybe Susan's...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!!
    They are precious and their Mom looks relieved.
    Can't wait for their names.

    ReplyDelete