Saturday, April 02, 2011

When Will She Lamb?


Your guess is as good as mine.  Better, in fact, because your guess could win you the privilege of naming our lamb(s).  A Facebook friend suggested a pool, and I think that's a grand idea.

Starting right now, you can enter your guess as a comment on this post, or on the companion post on Facebook.  Be the closest guess as to when our baby lamb will be born and you can pick the baby's name.  If there are two babies (wouldn't that be amazing?) the second place guess will name the second baby.

I'll consider your guess as Central Time, and please use a 24 hour clock: 1 AM is 0100, and midnight is 2400.   If I don't see the lamb born, I'll make my best guess as to birth time, and my best judgment will be final.

I just came from the shed, where Mary Elizabeth and Titus are in the lambing jug.  They went in there all by themselves, so I'll leave them there overnight and then turn them back out with the flock if nothing has happened by morning.  The other boys wander in and out of the shed a lot, so they have plenty of company and seem perfectly peaceful.

(Interesting bit of trivia: tomorrow is Shadrach's third birthday.  This must be the perfect time of year for lambs.)

Give us your best shot, friends.  I really hope the winning guess is soon, because this waiting is terrible...

13 comments:

  1. Did you know this was coming?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Complete surprise... quite the shock. I figured if any of the boys had procreation power, we would have had a baby last year. When there was no baby, I assumed the boys were all sterile. Oops. Guess not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 11/11 11:11
    Hey, it could happen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Denise1:38 PM

    4/05 3:05

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:58 PM

    Wish Shadrach a Happy Birthday from me tomorrow and give him an extra scritch. Thank you. My guess for the new baby is in the comments of your posting. Havea good day. Alpacamama

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmmm.....this is my guess...

    04/06/11 20:00

    ReplyDelete
  7. How about.... Wednesday morning, in the weee hours, 4/6 a little after 3 in the morning. If someone can guess precisely on the minute, then give them the prize!

    ReplyDelete
  8. For the sake of the shepherd, I am rooting for 04/04 at 16:00 (which I hope means 4:00 pm). Hoping you don't have to stay up all night. I remember when we were bottle feeding Mary Elizabeth. Definitely saying prayers for a safe delivery with healthy mom and baby(s). Holding you close in my heart, all you sweeties.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My guess: 4/14 1422 (2:22pm) Reason: my anniversary!!! ~Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmm, just noticed that my guess needed some clarification--before someone thinks my money is on November 11. :-)
    What I intended was April 11, 2011 at 11:11
    Poor little mom would be exhausted if she had to wait until November!

    ReplyDelete
  11. She's going to drop that lamb just as soon as you're busy at DFW. So you have to rush home and be with her and be all panicky.

    So, I'm saying baby makes her appearance on April 9th, around 3am, so you can be all exhausted for your classes in the morning.

    4/9/11 3:00

    ReplyDelete