Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Our Classes are ON


Tri-Loom Weaving - August 27

Those of you keeping track at home - August is weaving month!  On the fourth Saturday, we're offering a tri-loom weaving class at the Little Red Barn.  We have space for only about 8, so sign up early.

We'll be using Barney Terrell's 30" tri-looms which I can procure for you, or you can bring your own.  We should be able to complete one weaving during the class.  BYOY (Bring your own yarn).  We'll stick to a basic weave pattern, and I'll give you a bunch of resources for further exploration on your own.

Barney's looms are $45, and he also has a table-top tri-pod for $20 if you think you'd like that.  I usually put the loom in my lap propped up against a table, or I lay the loom on the table and stand to weave.  It's all personal preference.  So, to recap: the class itself is $20, plus $45 for loom, plus $20 for tri-pod if desired.

Email me at your earliest convenience for a spot in the class - the first 8 paid will get a spot.  We can take checks or PayPal for payment.  Checks come to 4308 Church Lane, Parker, TX  75002.

You'll be amazed at how quickly these little looms produce gorgeous results, and once you get the hang of it, the process itself is very easy.

Art Yarn, This Saturday

If you've signed up for the Art Yarn Spinning class, we're on for 12:30 PM this Saturday at the Heritage Farmstead Museum - look for the signs to find the best entrance to use, and the best place to park.  If you didn't sign up for the class, please come and join us anyway to spin or knit!  We'll be very informal, and you're welcome to hang out with us while we learn.  Everybody bring a sack lunch and we'll provide coffee and water.

Come learn with us...  I know it's hot outside, but let's not allow our brains and our fingers get fidgety in the meantime.  Let's learn some new skills!

4 comments:

  1. I'm in! I tried to click on the pay-pal but it didn't work. Can I run a check out to you this saturday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You bet, Judith! I'll be at the Heritage Farmstead in the afternoon, and I have a thing at church in the morning, but if you want to put it someplace secret, we can work out a rendezvous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, call me tomorrow afternoon if you can or text me 214-930-7650. Let me know where to leave it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like some great classes! Have fun.

    ReplyDelete