Tuesday, October 11, 2011

How to Rest

This much time with so few agenda items leaves me no choice but to try my hand at resting.  It's not easy, but when I get going, this rest is a little intoxicating.

When my sister comes to the beach park to run, very early in the morning, I tag along to spend the time breathing in the breeze on the sand, and watching.  There is treasure here.

...my base station....

...cool sand, talc-soft on my feet...

...my first companion...

...a reminder to just float...

...the time to paddle will come soon enough...

...more silent visitors...

...the joy of play...

...with trusted friends...

...an exhibition of flexibility...

...encouragement to stand tall, and sometimes stand alone...
There is food for the body as well as the soul, here in this remote Land of Rest...

...exotic nourishment...

...with the spices of life...

Meanwhile, back at the house, the home schooling has commenced...

...and the folding into the family.

I've been knitting and crocheting a bit, too, with all this quiet space.  Next time I'll share my projects.

Do you need to rest?

4 comments:

  1. Great post. Beautiful photos and reminders. We're looking forward to our own much needed Hawaiian rest in a few weeks. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking us along to rest with you. I can smell the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a paradise! I'm surprised you're not getting quotes on what it would cost to ship dogs, alpacas and sheepies to Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome, so peaceful. Go check out my loom.

    ReplyDelete