Saturday, October 08, 2011

Toughing it Out in Paradise

Spending sweet time with my girl, settling her in with my sister and her amazing family.  Sweet time, indeed.

Swimming at Grandmom's house

With Grandmom's poodle puppies

Walking to the beach park with her cousin

Enjoying an early morning ocean breeze

Walking on the beach to the market for juice and a muffin

...where the locals hang out and the tourists shop

Myna birds are Hawaii's version of grackles

She's turning into a beach girl like her cousin Becca

In the evening, Uncle Mark starts a fire in the back yard for marshmallows

A beautiful evening under the stars with snacks and new friends

Slumber party with the youth group girls - sleeping off the nail polish fumes

Today I enjoyed the view from that blue covered bench - the morning mist doesn't even touch me here

How long has it been since I sat still, soaked in the glory of the creation around me, and adored the Creator?
Yes, I've turned the world upside down.  For the time being, doing nothing seems to be the key to everything.  This is unfamiliar territory.

5 comments:

  1. I really appreciate all the photos and hearing from you in Hawaii. Share a hug with Emma from me to both of you. Always with you in spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, I want to take my kids to Hawaii now, so we can soak up all that natural beauty! Warm wishes to you and all your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the pictures, Cindy. I've been praying for you constantly! So glad you are taking time to appreciate our Creator and enjoying His creation. "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." Psalm 46:10 Enjoy your time of 'stillness'. And give Emma a great, BIG hug from me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:44 PM

    Your pictures reminded of how much I loved living in Hawaii and how much I miss it. We got rain today! Praise the Lord! Hope things are going better with Emma. Alpacamama

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are having a very good time. I can't wait till you get back... I need lessons. Weaving lessons... on a floor loom! Jody bought one today!!!!!

    ReplyDelete