Friday, January 20, 2012

Gentlemen, Start Your Tomatoes

At last.  I've finally gotten ahead of the calendar and started some tomato seeds indoors.  And if all goes to plan, I'll have many, many more than I can use, so there will be some to share.

I bought one of those trays pre-packed with peat pots that swell up when you water them.  I also got some Martha Stewart organic tomato seeds because, well, they were right in front of me at the store.

Those little seeds are tiny, so I used the moistened tip of a chop stick to carefully get two or three seeds into each little pot.


Yeah, there's a lot of them.



And Martha's none too generous with her seeds - I barely had enough to fill all my pots.  But we got it done.  I'll post an update when they sprout in (according to the label) 7-10 days. 

Baby 'maters!!






2 comments:

  1. So jealous!! Here in western NY, I don't plant tomato seeds until April. Guess I'll have to live vicariously for a few months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like home grown tomatoes!! Yummm!

    ReplyDelete